Here are our detailed terms & conditions which we hope you will find reasonable and acceptable. Please contact us if you have any queries.
1. Basic Legalities
- Your booking is with: Dunbar's Close Apartment
- Owner: Richard Maling
- Email: Richard@dunbarsclose.co.uk
- - Address: 1/7 Dunbar's Close, 137 Canongate, Edinburgh EH8 8BW
- The person making the booking (the 'tenant') must be over 21 years of age; must be present throughout the let and must be willing to take full responsibility for any breakages, damage or loss to the property or any contents during the period of occupation.
- Although we will do everything we reasonably can to ensure you have a safe and enjoyable stay at Dunbar's Close, the owner will not be liable for any act, neglect or default on the part of any person nor any accident, damage, loss, injury, expense or inconvenience whether to person or property which the tenant or any other person may suffer or incur arising out of or in any way connected with the letting. We advise you to arrange your own insurance to cover yourselves and your personal belongings whilst staying at the property.
- The apartment is to be used for the purposes of a holiday let to which Section 12(2) and paragraph 8 of Schedule 4 of the Housing (Scotland) Act 1988 apply. The booking agreement confers a right to occupy the accommodation for the agreed period only.
- Holiday lettings are for the dates agreed, from 4pm on the date of arrival to 10.30am on the date of departure, unless otherwise agreed in writing. The property must be vacated promptly and keys returned at the conclusion of the agreed let.
- The tenant shall not sub-let the property or any part of it.
- The owner and his agents reserve the right of access to the property in the event of an emergency. If at all possible this will be agreed in advance with the tenant.
- The rental of the property includes rates, insurance of the property, UK landline telephone calls, wi-fi access, gas and electricity. The property is equipped with crockery, cutlery, kitchen equipment and adequate cleaning equipment, linen and towels. For lets of more than ten days a weekly change/clean of linen and towels will be provided.
- Additional charges - payable to the meeter - are levied for arrival after 8pm. Please enquire for details.
- The contract shall be governed by the laws of Scotland and any dispute (hopefully none!) will be settled under Scottish jurisdiction.
2. Payment & Cancellation Policies
- If the booking is made within 6 weeks of the letting the whole of the rental payment is to be made before your booking can be confirmed. If the booking is made prior to 6 weeks of the letting a non-returnable rental deposit of £100 per week (or part thereof) is required. The remaining balance of the rental sum is then due 6 weeks prior to the letting. Non payment by the due date will be deemed as a cancellation.
- Payment can be made online or via bank transfer (details will be supplied).
- If a cancellation is advised more than 6 weeks in advance of the letting the balance of any monies paid, less the rental deposit, will be returned to the tenant. If the cancellation is advised within 3 to 6 weeks prior to the letting the owner will retain 50% of the rental sum (or the deposit, if greater). No refund can be given for any cancellation within 3 weeks of the letting start date. No show (no arrival / no communication) on the letting start date will be deemed as a cancellation. We advise you to arrange appropriate holiday cancellation insurance.
- If the owner has to cancel the booking for a reason outside his control, this will be advised with as much notice as possible and a full refund of monies will be given. If possible, we will help with finding alternative accommodation. However the owner cannot be held responsible for any further or consequential loss.
- The owner and his agents reserve the right to refuse entry to the accommodation to anyone who, in their opinion, is unsuitable to occupy the property. If this unlikely situation was to occur we would refund the rental cost in full, the contract would be terminated and we would have no further liability.
3. Conditions of Occupation
- The number of people occupying the property may not exceed the number on the booking form, maximum of four. No pets are permitted at the property.
- The tenant agrees to keep the property and all fittings, furniture, equipment and other contents in or on the property in a like state of repair and condition as at the commencement of the letting and will make good (or will arrange with us to make good) any damage, breakage, or loss that may occur during the period of letting. It is important that you advise us immediately of any problems so we can sort things out for yourself (if timescale permits) and for the comfort and convenience of future guests, who may be arriving shortly after you leave.
- The tenant commits to ensure that no member of their party causes a nuisance or disturbance to other residents in the neighbourhood.
- The tenant and his/her party agree not to smoke, nor to allow smoking, at the property at any time.
- Tenants are asked to leave the property reasonably clean and tidy. We reserve the right to levy an additional charge if the property is left in a poor condition requiring intensive action.